YOU

As I sit here in my room smoking
I'm thinking of you
You when you were small and abandoned
You when you were young and beautiful
Everything in front of you
You didn't know where you were going
What you wanted
You wanted everything and nothing
You thought that love was everything
and found that love was nothing
You have now aged
and still you have everything
still you have nothing
Still you are abandoned
Still you are beautiful

I've been thinking of you all day
As I sit here in my room smoking
You had ideals
You had dreams
Where did they go?

They weren't strong enough
Your convictions were weak
yet enlightened

You looked to others to be the rebel
You let them do the work for you
You admired them
Because you couldn't do it
You loved them
But they didn't love you

You took the easy road then
You chose the path of conventionality
Never satisfied
Always hungry for more
Always leaving
Never going anywhere

As I sit here in my room, smoking
I wonder where you are
I wonder who you are
and I wonder when
and if
you will speak to me again

Comments

Popular Posts